NEED TO KNOW
• Final Score: Akron 4, Cleveland State 2
• Halftime Score: Cleveland State 2, Akron 1
• CSU Goal Scorers: Kaila Sargema, Aliani Lorenzo
• CSU Assists: None
• Akron Goal Scorers: Catie Corrigan, Ashley Amato, Erica Schrader, Rachel Baughman
• Records: Cleveland State (2-4); Akron (2-3)
• Catie Corrigan began an early flurry of scoring and gave Akron a 1-0 lead less than four minutes in with her first tally of the season.
• The Vikings wasted little time in leveling the match at 1-1 as Kaila Sargema gathered a rebound and scored her third goal of the season at the 4:25 mark.
• Just 1:26 later, Aliani Lorenzo gave the Vikings a 2-1 lead as she placed a free kick from 20 yards out into the upper left corner for her third goal of the season.
• The Vikings led 2-1 at the half, but Akron knotted the match at 2-2 in the 64th minute when Ashley Amato scored off a corner kick from Corrigan.
• Just five minutes later, Erica Schrader gave the Zips a 3-2 lead when she intercepted a pass in the CSU third of the field and scored with a shot to the lower left corner.
• The Vikings had a chance to draw even at 3-3, but Sargema's penalty kick at the 81:37 mark was saved by Akron's Annabelle Hegeman.
• Hegeman also got a hand on Sargema's follow-up and deflected her second shot attempt off the post.
• The Zips put the game away with just under two minutes to play on Rachel Baughman's goal as the Vikings were pushed forward looking for the equalizer.
IN THE NET
• Jamie Daniels made three saves for the Vikings, while Hegeman posted seven saves for the Zips.
• Akron held a slim 15-13 lead in shots, while the Vikings had a 9-7 advantage in shots on goal.
• Both teams took three corner kicks.
• Sargema finished with four shots, all of which came on goal.
• Sargema's goal was the 15th of her career, ranking third in CSU history.
• CSU hits the road for a 4:00 pm contest at Toledo on Friday (Sept. 9). The Vikings close nonconference play next Sunday (Sept. 11) with a 1:00 pm match against St. Bonaventure at Krenzler Field.