at Green Bay | Saturday, Oct. 3 | 2:00 p.m. EST
ABOUT THIS WEEK:
• Cleveland State continues Horizon League play with two matches this week, hosting Youngstown State on Wednesday (Sept. 30) at 7:00 pm at traveling to Green Bay for a 2:00 pm EST match on Saturday (Oct. 3).
• The Vikings are 5-4-1 overall and 1-0 in the Horizon League after a 1-0 victory over Detroit to open league play on Saturday (Sept. 26).
• Vickie Havas scored the lone goal of the match in the 77th minute with McKenna Vento and Kaila Sargema recording assists.
• Jamie Daniels made six saves to earn the shutout, while the backline of Marissa Sarsfield, Erin O'Toole, Toni Dickson and Sydney McCourt were strong all game.
• Havas was named the Horizon League Player of the Week for her performance in Saturday's win over Detroit. It is the second time this year she earned Player of the Week honors from the League.
• Havas' goal was the 20th of her career, moving her into first place on the all-time goals scored list in school history. She moved past Natalie Daniels who scored 19 goals from 2008-11.
• Havas is also second in career points at CSU with 51 points, just six shy of tying Daniels' career mark of 57 points.
• Havas has scored four goals this year, all of which have been game-winners. She is sixth in the nation with her four game-winning goals.
• McKenna Vento leads the Horizon League with five assists this year, tied for the fourth most in a season in school history. Her five assists are also tied for ninth best in school history.
• Allie Sieradzski has scored four goals this year and has nine for her career, tied for seventh in CSU history. In addition, her 21 career points are ninth most in program history.
• Four of the five CSU wins this year have come via shutouts and the Vikings have outscored the opposition, 14-1, in the five victories.
• CSU is 3-0-1 at home this season and is undefeated at home over its last seven matches. The last time the Vikings dropped a home contest was a 1-0 setback to Valparaiso on Sept. 27, 2014.
• The Vikings return to action next weekend when CSU hosts Milwaukee on Saturday (Oct. 10) at 7:00 pm at Krenzler Field.