CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State volleyball team continued its winning ways Saturday, cruising to a 3-0 victory over Youngstown State to improve to 18-7 overall this season. The win also improved the Vikings to 11-3 in Horizon League play.
· Sara Skeens led the Vikings with 11 kills, while Emily DeGeorge chipped in seven and the trio of Alexis Middlebrooks, Rachel Stover and Katie Mihalik all added five.
· Kate Mihalik tallied a .714 hitting percentage on the match, posting five kills on seven attempts with zero errors.
· Gina Kilner tallied 29 assists as the Vikings hit .276 for the match.
· Shannon Grega notched 18 digs, while Jordan Verbiak added 16 and Gina Kilner tallied 10.
· Alexis Middlebrooks posted four blocks against YSU, while Gina Kilner and Trinniti Hall both recorded three blocks.
· Cleveland State has now won eight straight matches and nine of their last 10.
· The Vikings own a perfect 2-0 record during the month of November.
· Over the last three seasons, the Vikings have gone 28-5 in Woodling Gymnasium.
· Saturday's win gave the Vikings the season sweep over Youngstown State.
· Katie Mihalik's .714 clip on offense marked a career-high for the senior.
· Gina Kilner notched her eighth double-double of the season with 29 assists and 10 digs.
CSU Career Record Book
· With 18 digs on the match, Shannon Grega eclipsed the 1,400-dig mark for her career, finishing the match with 1,401 digs.
· Cleveland State will close out the regular season with a pair of matches next week, traveling to Northern Kentucky on Wednesday (Nov. 8) and hosting Green Bay on Friday (No. 10).