CHICAGO, Ill. – Playing with a shorthanded roster for the second straight match, the Cleveland State volleyball team came up short against UIC Saturday afternoon, dropping a 3-1 contest to the Flames. With the loss, the Vikings now stand at 8-5 on the season and 1-1 in Horizon League play.
· Trinniti Hall led the Viking offense with 14 kills on a .464 hitting percentage (14-1-28).
· Emily DeGeorge added 10 kills on the match, while Mariah Carrero-Johnson posted eight and Katie Mihalik and Rachel Stover both added seven kills.
· Gina Kilner tallied 41 assists on the match.
· Shannon Grega led the Viking defense with 18 digs, while Emily DeGeorge tallied 13 digs.
· Trinniti Hall recorded four total blocks, while Mariah Carrero-Johnson, Emily DeGeorge, Rachel Stover, and Sara Skeens all added two blocks.
· As a team, the Vikings tallied seven service aces, including four from Shannon Grega and two from Trinniti Hall.
· Emily DeGeorge notched her third double-double of the season with 10 kills and 13 digs against UIC.
· Shannon Grega recorded four service aces for the second straight match, tying her career-high on both occasions.
CSU Career Record Book
· With her 18 digs against UIC, Shannon Grega now has 1,163 career digs, just six digs shy of moving into seventh place in the CSU Career Record Book.
· Cleveland State will play at home for the first time this season next weekend, hosting IUPUI (Friday, September 29) and Wright State (Saturday, September 30) in a weekend series.