HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. – The Cleveland State volleyball team remained undefeated on the road in Horizon League contests Friday evening, picking up a 3-2 victory at Northern Kentucky. The Vikings now stand at 11-4 overall this year and 2-1 in league action.
· Four Vikings finished the match with double-digit kills, led by Sara Skeens who posted a season-high 17 kills.
· Grace Kauth notched 12 kills, while Aaliyah Slappy and Sydney Mast both tallied 11 kills.
· Gina Kilner recorded 52 assists to lead the Viking offense.
· Shannon Grega notched 22-digs to lead the Viking defense, while Rachael Dohar and Grace Kauth each posted 10 digs.
· Alexis Middlebrooks, Aaliyah Slappy, and Grace Kauth all recorded a team-best seven blocks on the match, while Gina Kilner and Sara Skeens both added three blocks.
· As a team, the Vikings recorded 16.0 blocks, tying the season-high.
· With their seven blocks each, Aaliyah Slappy and Alexis Middlebrooks both eclipsed the 275-block mark for their careers.
· Alexis Middlebrooks is also now just two block assists shy of earning a spot in the top-10 in the CSU Career Record book – finishing the match with 252 career block assists.
· With her 12-kill performance, Grace Kauth moved into seventh place in the CSU Career Record book with 1,249 career kills.
· Grace Kauth notched her eighth double-double of the season with 12 kills and 10 digs.
· With a pair of service aces at NKU, Gina Kilner is now just one service ace shy of 50 for her career.
· Cleveland State now owns a 3-1 record in five-set matches this season.
· The Vikings finished the month of September with a 9-3 record.
· Cleveland State @ Valparaiso – Saturday, October 1 – 5:00 p.m. EST – Valparaiso, Ind.