The Cleveland State track and field team had another successful season of continued improvement during 2017-18,
finishing an indoor and outdoor season in which multiple school and personal records were set.
• The Vikings recorded a strong performance at the 2018 Horizon League Indoor Track & Field Championship,
recording four podium finishes, with all four coming from freshmen competing at their first #HLTF meet.
• Through seven indoor meets, the Vikings captured three event titles,
with Chan'lier Myers (300 Meter Dash, Tiffin Dragon Open) and Samantha Butterbaugh (Mile, Akron Invitational) winning individual events
and the DMR capturing a relay title at the Tiffin Dragon Open.
• As a team, the Vikings placed seventh at the 2018 Horizon League Outdoor Track & Field Championship,
recording eight podium finishes – seven individual performances and one relay team.
#HLTF Podium Finishes
Anna Brandt (400 Meter Hurdles – 3rd)
Julianne Dorothal (Heptathlon – 5th, Javelin – 6th)
Hannah Gaskins (Heptathlon – 2nd, High Jump – 8th)
Chan'lier Myers (100 Meter Dash – 8th)
Rachel Wenzel (High Jump – 6th)
4x100 Meter Relay (3rd)
• During the season, three Vikings captured event wins, while Cleveland State's 4x100 relay team also posted a pair of first place finishes.
Hannah Gaskins (High Jump) and Lauren Zawie (400 Meter Dash) won their respective events at the Bob Kahn Invitational,
while Jessica Finley won the 5000 Meter Run at the Ashland Alumni Open.
Horizon League Honors
• Hannah Gaskins was named the 2018 Horizon League Outdoor Track & Field Co-Freshman Field Athlete of the Year
after placing second in the Heptathlon with 4285 points and eighth in the High Jump with a mark of 1.60.
• Senior Samantha Butterbaugh was named to the Horizon League Indoor Track & Field All-Academic Team
and was named a CSU Outstanding Senior after carrying a 3.98 GPA while pursuing a degree in health sciences.