Feb. 20, 2011
Contact: Greg Murphy
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The Cleveland State women's tennis team dropped a 7-0 decision at Indiana on Sunday afternoon.
The loss drops the Vikings to 3-5 this spring, while IU improved to 9-2.
"We can take some good things away from this match today," head coach Brian Etzkin said. "I thought we competed well with them at points, but they were better on the big points. Hopefully, we can learn from this match moving forward."
The Hoosiers swept all three doubles matches to earn the doubles point and proceeded to win the six singles contests.
Sophomore Maria Lazaris pushed her match at No. 6 singles to three sets before falling, 2-6, 7-5, 10-6.
The Vikings are back in action two times next weekend, playing at Toledo on Friday (Feb. 25) and at Western Michigan on Saturday (Feb. 26). Both matches will start at 6:00 p.m.
Indiana 7, Cleveland State 0
Feb 20, 2011 at Bloomington, Ind.
1. HUREAU, Leslie (IU) def. Bjerrehus, Catrine (CSU) 6-1, 6-2
2. VERTESHEVA, E. (IU) def. Power, Alex (CSU) 6-1, 6-2
3. ZAPADALOVA, Katya (IU) def. Sherwood, Kara (CSU) 6-1, 6-4
4. MARTIN, Charlotte (IU) def. BUSH, Alex (CSU) 6-1, 6-1
5. FUJIMOTO, Kayla (IU) def. Janek, Nicole (CSU) 6-3, 6-0
6. SOPEL, Myriam (IU) def. Lazaris, Maria (CSU) 2-6, 7-5, 10-6
1. HUREAU, Leslie/SOPEL, Myriam (IU) def. BJERREHUS, Catrine/SHERWOOD, Kara (CSU) 8-0
2. FUJIMOTO, Kayla/VERTESHEVA, E. (IU) def. BUSH, Alex/POWER, Alex (CSU) 8-5
3. MARTIN, Charlotte/ZAPADALOVA, Katya (IU) def. LAZARIS, Maria/JANEK, Nicole (CSU) 8-5