CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's tennis team played its final home match of the 2018 spring season Sunday, earning a 6-1 victory over Northern Kentucky.
From The Sidelines
"I'm so happy to get this win today in our final home match of the season, and send the seniors off with a win in their final match at home. We played some great doubles today, our No. 2 and No. 3 teams did a great job to help us pick up a great doubles point. In singles, it was great to see both seniors and co-captains pick up wins in their last home match, and Ana did a great job to clinch the match for us today. Blanche played a good solid match, while Isabella picked up a huge win, beating the reigning Horizon League Player of the Year after staying mentally and physically strong in the third set. We need to keep this momentum going next weekend, and close out the regular season play on a high note." – Associate head coach Frank Polito
· 2018 Record: 10-11, 6-1
· With her win at No. 3 singles, Aleksandra Golawska marked her 68th career win, and is now just one win shy of moving into eighth place on the CSU Singles Wins List.
· Cleveland State picked up its fourth straight win Sunday, and its sixth win out of the last seven matches.
· The Vikings are now 3-0 against Northern Kentucky under head coach Brian Etzkin.
· For the second straight match – and fourth time during league play – the Vikings were able to pick up the doubles point, earning a 6-2 win at No. 2 doubles from Gaby Schoenberg and Jana Schober, and a 6-1 win at the No. 3 spot from Blanche Lenoan and Anastasia Perin.
· Aleksandra Golawska picked up the first singles win on the day, earning a 6-2, 6-1 victory at No. 3 singles. Golawska is now 16-13 this year, and 10-10 during dual match play.
· Blanche Lenoan gave the Vikings a 3-0 lead following a win at No. 5 singles, as she posted a 6-2, 6-4 victories.
· The clinching point came from Anastasia Perin at No. 6 singles, as she posted a 7-6(3), 6-3 victory to improve to 4-1 against league opponents this spring.
· Jana Schober put the Vikings up 5-0 at No. 4 singles then, earning a 3-6, 6-2, 6-1 victory. Schober is now 14-11 overall and 10-5 this spring.
· Isabella Spindler picked up her fourth straight win at the top of the lineup, battling for a 6-3, 2-6, 6-1 victory at No. 1 singles. Spindler now owns a team-best 18-12 record this season, including a 12-8 mark this spring. Spindler is also 6-1 against league opponents this spring, with all seven matches coming at the No. 1 spot.
· Cleveland State will close out the regular season with a two-match roadswing next weekend, traveling to IUPUI on Saturday, April 21 and UIC on Sunday, April 22.
1. Spindler/Golawska (CSU) vs. Sunjic/Koo (NKU), 5-3, unf.
2. Schoenberg/Schober (CSU) def. Culbertson/Power (NKU), 6-2
3. Lenoan/Perin (CSU) def. Watton/Dijanezevic (NKU), 6-1
1. Isabella Spindler (CSU) def. Margita Sunjic (NKU), 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
2. Maria Koo (NKU) def. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU), 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
3. Aleksandra Golawska (CSU) def. Sydney Power (NKU), 6-2, 6-1
4. Jana Schober (CSU) def. Taylor Culbertson (NKU), 3-6, 6-2, 6-1
5. Blanche Lenoan (CSU) def. Hannah Watton (NKU), 6-2, 6-4
6. Anastasia Perin (CSU) def. Katja Dijamezevic (NKU), 7-6(3), 6-3