CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's tennis team had its three-match winstreak snapped Tuesday afternoon, as the Vikings dropped a hard fought 4-3 contest to Akron.
From The Sidelines
"This was a tough match for us today, we got off to a slow start in doubles and that ended up being the difference in the match. Despite dropping five first sets, we were able to rally and take three matches into three sets to give us an opportunity. We know what we need to work on moving forward, and we will have a couple of great tests in Florida next weekend." – Associate head coach Frank Polito
· 2018 Record: 4-8
· With her win at No. 3 singles, Aleksandra Golawska picked up her 63rd career singles win, moving into sole possession of ninth place on the CSU Singles Wins List.
· Tuesday's loss snapped a three-match winstreak for the Vikings.
· Aleksandra Golawska put the Vikings on the board with a win at No. 3 singles, as she earned a 6-3, 6-3 victory for her third straight win. Golawska, who now has 11 singles wins on the year, stands at 5-6 this spring.
· The next singles point came from Isabella Spindler at the top of the lineup then, as she battled for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-0 win. Spindler, who has played the entire season at the No. 1 spot, now stands at 11-10 overall this year and 5-6 this spring.
· Jana Schober posted Cleveland State's final singles win at the No. 4 spot, earning a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory for her fifth straight win. Schober now owns a 9-7 record on the year, including a 5-1 mark this spring.
· Cleveland State will head south to the state of Florida for its annual Spring Break Trip next week, taking on FIU (Tuesday, March 13) and Barry (Wednesday, March 14).