CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's tennis team picked up a pair of victories in the MMTP Saturday, earning a 4-3 victory over Bowling Green and a 7-0 win over John Carroll.
From The Sidelines
"This was a good match today, we played a complete match from start to finish and took care of business. I thought the team did a good job of moving on from the first match of the day and they really came out strong to get a good team win. Now we will take a few days off before getting back to practice to prepare for next weekend's match against St. Bonaventure." – Associate head coach Frank Polito
· 2018 Record: 3-7
· This marked Cleveland State's third win out of its last four matches, and marked the first winstreak for the Vikings this season.
· This was the first-ever meeting between Cleveland State and John Carroll.
· The Vikings improved to 19-6 when playing in the Medical Mutual Tennis Pavilion.
· With their win at the top of the doubles lineup, Aleksandra Golawska and Isabella Spindler are now third on the CSU Doubles Wins List with 33 career wins as a tandem.
· Cleveland State picked up the doubles point for the second straight match, getting wins at No. 1 and No. 3 doubles. At the top of the lineup, Aleksandra Golawska and Isabella Spindler picked up a 6-1 win, while Jana Schober and Blanche Lenoan notched a 6-0 victory at the No. 3 spot.
· Cleveland State's first two singles wins came as 6-0, 6-0 decisions, with Anastasia Perin picking hers up at No. 4 singles and Jana Schober notching hers at the No. 5 spot.
· Aleksandra Golawska then clinched the match for the Vikings with a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 3 singles, picking up her 61st career singles win.
· Blanche Lenoan picked up the next singles point for the Vikings, earning a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 6 singles.
· Gaby Schoenberg picked up her team-leading 12th singles win of the season with a win at the No. 2 spot, picking up a 6-0, 6-2 victory. Schoenberg also now has a team-best 7-2 singles record this spring.
· The final singles point came from Isabella Spindler at the top of the lineup, as she pulled out a 6-3, 6-4 victory for her third win of the spring season.
1. Spindler/Golawska (CSU) def. O'Malley/Rini (JCU), 6-1
2. Schoenberg/Perin (CSU) vs. Bourlas/Bourlas (JCU), 5-2, unf.
3. Schober/Lenoan (CSU) def. Krupp/Harwood (JCU), 6-0
1. Isabella Spindler (CSU) def. Lauren O'Malley (JCU), 6-3, 6-4
2. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU) def. Madisyn Rini (JCU), 6-0, 6-2
3. Aleksandra Golawska (CSU) def. Nicollette Bourlas (JCU), 6-1, 6-0
4. Anastasia Perin (CSU) def. Molly Traverso (JCU), 6-0, 6-0
5. Jana Schober (CSU) def. Allyssa Krupp (JCU), 6-0, 6-0
6. Blanche Lenoan (CSU) def. Natalie Bourlas (JCU), 6-1, 6-1