CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's tennis team dropped a hard fought contest against Eastern Michigan Sunday, falling to the Eagles, 5-2.
From The Sidelines
"It was tough to lose the doubles point today and I thought we had a good shot at getting it today. Our No. 1 doubles team played really well and definitely set the tone for us today. We were able to get off to some good leads in singles, but we ended up having some tough matches. Anastasia stepped up and took care of business pretty quickly, and Ola put up a good fight to pick up a big win for us on her court. Now we need to turn our focus to practice and get ready for our two matches next weekend." – Associate Head Coach Frank Polito
· 2018 Record: 1-7
· With her singles win at No. 3 singles against Eastern Michigan, Aleksandra Golawska picked up her 60th career singles win, becoming just the 10th Viking all-time to reach the 60-win milestone.
· This was the first meeting between Cleveland State and Eastern Michigan in dual match play.
· The Vikings were once again playing with a shorthanded lineup due to injury.
· Despite dropping the early doubles point, Cleveland State's No. 1 doubles team of Isabella Spindler and Aleksandra Golawska picked up a win at the top of the lineup, notching a 6-2 victory. The duo now has 32 career wins as a doubles team, just one win shy of moving into third place on the CSU Doubles Wins list.
· Anastasia Perin picked up Cleveland State's first singles win with a 6-3, 6-4 win at No. 5 singles, picking up her third singles win of the Spring Season.
· Aleksandra Golawska notched the Vikings' final singles win of the day, earning a 6-7 (4), 6-1, 1-0 (5) win at No. 3 singles. Golawska notched her second straight singles win, improving to 8-8 overall this season.
· Cleveland State will close out its current five-match homestand with a doubleheader on Saturday, February 17, hosting Bowling Green (2:00 p.m.) and John Carroll (6:00 p.m.).
1. Spindler/Golawska (CSU) def. Mayerova/Ansaloni (EMU), 6-2
2. Martinovska/Gogvadze (EMU) def. Lenoan/Schoenberg (CSU), 6-4
3. Regalado/Barcelo (EMU) win by forfeit
1. Ani Gogvadze (EMU) def. Isabella Spindler (CSU), 6-3, 6-4
2. Marie Mayerova (EMU) def. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU), 6-2, 6-1
3. Aleksandra Golawska (CSU) def. Giuliana Ansaloni (EMU), 6-7 (4), 6-1, 1-0 (5)
4. Andrea Martinovska (EMU) def. Blanche Lenoan (CSU), 6-4, 7-5
5. Anastasia Perin (CSU) def. Alejandra Barcelo (EMU), 6-3, 6-4
6. Natalia Regalado (EMU) win by forfeit