CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's tennis team faced their toughest opponent to-date Friday morning, dropping a 4-0 contest to Tennessee.
From The Sidelines
"Overall, I thought we competed really well today, we once again came into the match playing shorthanded, but we came out with energy and enthusiasm despite that. Isabella and Ola were playing really well at No. 1 doubles before their match got suspended, and I think with a little more time we could have gotten that win. We also had some good performances throughout the top half of the singles lineup, but we just weren't able to pull out a quick point to keep the match going." – Associate Head Coach Frank Polito
· 2018 Record: 0-6
· Tennessee entered the week receiving votes in the latest Oracle/ITA Division I Rankings.
· The Vikings were once again playing with just five players due to injuries.
· This was the first-ever meeting between Cleveland State and Tennessee.
· Friday morning's loss was just the fifth all-time for the Vikings in the Medical Mutual Tennis Pavilion, as they now stand at 16-5 overall when playing in the MMTP.
· Freshman Gaby Schoenberg moved up to No. 2 singles against Tennessee, trailing 0-6, 2-3 in an unfinished match against the Volunteers.
1. Spindler/Golawska (CSU) vs. Hammond/Schuck (TENN), 3-3, unf.
2. Riley/Staines (TENN) def. Lenoan/Schoenberg (CSU), 6-1
3. Profit/McGiffin (TENN) win by forfeit
1. Isabella Spindler (CSU) vs. Sadie Hammon (TENN), 3-6, 3-2, unf.
2. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU) vs. Elizabeth Profit (TENN), 0-6, 2-3, unf.
3. Aleksandra Golawska (CSU) vs. Johanna Silva (TENN), 6-6 (2-4), unf.
4. Kaitlin Staines (TENN) def. Blanche Lenoan (CSU), 6-1, 6-2
5. Tenika McGiffin (TENN) def. Anastasia Perin (CSU), 6-1, 6-2
6. Chelsea Sawyer (TENN) win by forfeit