BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The Cleveland State women's tennis team continued its busy three-match stretch Saturday, dropping a 7-0 contest at Indiana.
From The Sidelines
"We competed really well today against a tough Big Ten opponent in Indiana. We were once again playing shorthanded, but went into the match with a good attitude and positive energy. We have the final match of our tough roadswing tomorrow, and we are hoping for a bounceback victory." – Associate Head Coach Frank Polito
· 2018 Record: 0-4
· Saturday's match marked the second of a three-match roadswing for the Vikings this weekend.
· Gaby Schoenberg snapped her three-match singles winstreak this spring, falling at No. 3 singles against the Hoosiers.
· Indiana entered Saturday's match with a perfect 5-0 record on the season.
· Cleveland State will close out the weekend with a 12:00 p.m. contest at Butler tomorrow (Sunday, February 4).
1. Zavarotnaya/Whalen (IU) def. Golawska/Spindler (CSU), 6-3
2. McKamey/Appel (IU) vs. Shoenberg/Lenoan (CSU), 4-4, unf.
3. Bernard/Bozovic (IU) win by forfeit
1. Madison Appel (IU) def. Isabella Spindler (CSU), 6-1, 6-0
2. Natalie Whalen (IU) def. Aleksandra Golawska (CSU), 7-5, 6-2
3. Caitlin Bernard (IU) def. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU), 6-4, 6-2
4. Michelle McKamey (IU) def. Blanche Lenoan (CSU), 7-6(3), 6-4
5. Olga Zavarotnaya (IU) def. Anastasia Perin (CSU), 6-2, 6-3
6. Pauline Jahren (IU) win by forfeit