CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's tennis team opened its 2018 Spring Season Friday evening, dropping a 6-1 match to Duquesne.
From The Sidelines
"We started off slow in doubles today which carried over to singles, but we fought really hard to come back in singles and next thing you know we had a strong tennis match on the courts. We were able to push four singles matches to three sets, which is great with such a young squad. Our two freshman played really well for their first dual match, and I'm proud of how they played and I'm proud of how the entire team played today. Overall we fought really hard throughout the match and for the first match with a young team, it was a good starting point." – Associate Head Coach Frank Polito
· 2018 Record: 0-1
· Friday's match marked the spring and home opener for the Vikings.
· Gaby Schoenberg and Anastasia Perin made their first appearance in a collegiate dual match against the Dukes.
· Gaby Schoenberg picked up Cleveland State's lone point on the day, earning a 1-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory at No. 4 singles. Schoenberg is now 1-0 this spring, and 6-5 overall this season.
· Cleveland State will continue its homestand against Toledo at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 28.
1. Isaacs/Herman (DUQ) def. Spindler/Schober (CSU), 6-3
2. Golawska/Schoenberg (CSU) vs. A. Miller/Mitrovic (DUQ), 4-4, unf.
3. Shymansky/Sears (DUQ) def. Lenoan/Perin (CSU), 6-0
1. Kylie Isaacs (DUQ) def. Isabella Spindler (CSU), 7-5, 6-2
2. Julianne Herman (DUQ) def. Aleksandra Golawska (CSU), 6-1, 6-2
3. Laurel Shymansky (DUQ) def. Jana Schoeber (CSU), 6-0, 3-6, 6-3
4. Gaby Schoenberg (CSU) def. Ally Miller (DUQ), 1-6, 6-3, 6-2
5. Maddy Adams (DUQ) def. Blanche Lenoan (CSU), 3-6, 6-4, 3-6
6. Aishwarya Kona (DUQ) def. Anastasia Perin (CSU), 6-3, 5-7, 6-2