CHICAGO, Ill. – The Cleveland State women's tennis team opened a three-match roadswing Saturday afternoon, falling at DePaul, 7-0.
"This was a tough match for us today, we were playing with a banged-up lineup, but they showed a lot of fight and heart throughout the entire match," associate head coach Frank Polito said. "Our No. 1 doubles team was playing a great match and I wish they could have finished out their court, but I'm proud of the whole team for their effort today. We have another tough match tomorrow, but we will be ready to give it all we have again at Bowling Green."
Although the Vikings dropped the early doubles point, the top doubles team of Aleksandra Golawska and Isabella Spindler had a great match at the No. 1 spot, trailing 4-3 before their match was suspended.
Jana Schober had Cleveland State's best singles performance of the match, dropping a tight 6-4, 6-4 contest at No. 5 singles.
The Vikings will stay on the road and travel to Bowling Green tomorrow (Sunday, February 19) for a 1:00 p.m. contest.
DePaul 7, Cleveland State 0
1. Shupenia/Vladutu (DEP) vs. Spindler/Golawska (CSU), 4-3, unf.
2. Clousing/Lancranjan (DEP) def. Bensimon/Schober (CSU), 6-2
3. Avgeri/Abbott (DEP) def. Lenoan/Quillin (CSU), 6-2
1. Yuliya Shupenia (DEP) def. Isabella Spindler (CSU), 6-0, 6-2
2. Keisha Clousing (DEP) def. Victoria Bensimon (CSU), 6-0, 6-3
3. Patricia Lancranjan (DEP) def. Aleksandra Golawska (CSU), 6-3, ret.
4. Aspasia Avgeri (DEP) def. Blanche Lenoan (CSU), 6-2, 6-0
5. Ana Vladutu (DEP) def. Jana Schober (CSU), 6-4, 6-4
6. Florence Abbott (DEP) def. Katy Quillin (CSU), 6-0, 6-2