- Riley Ries closed out her Cleveland State career by going 1-for-3
- Bailee Gray also played in her final game in a Cleveland State uniform
- Lindsay Ward was 1-for-3 for the Vikings
- Kelly Hysong went 5.0 innings and struck out four batters
- Cleveland State finished the season with a 15-34 overall record and an 8-16 record in the Horizon League
Ries and Bailee Gray played in their final game in a Cleveland State uniform. The Vikings finished the season 15-34 overall and 8-16 in the Horizon League.
Northern Kentucky, which improved to 19-31 overall and 12-11 in the Horizon League, used a six-run sixth inning to pull away from the Vikings.
Taylor Ginther, who pitched a one-hit shutout in the opener, blanked the Vikings on two hits in the series finale.
The Vikings best opportunity to score came in the top of the sixth inning.
Lindsay Ward singled to right to begin the inning and Ries was safe at first on a fielder's choice when the Norse were unable to force out Lindsay Ward at second base.
Alyssa Rose dropped down a sacrifice bunt, which moved Lindsay Ward to third and pinch-runner Talia Minisall to second base. Following a groundout, pinch-hitter Gabby Shackelford drew a walk to load the bases with two outs.
Ginther then escaped trouble by inducing a groundout to end the inning.
The Norse then pushed across six runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to end the game.