- Kelly Hysong hit her team-leading 12th home run of the season in the third inning
- Paige Hartley hit her first home run of the season in the seventh inning
- Mackenzie Tucker drove in a run with a double in the sixth inning
- Hanna Griffin allowed three hits and no earned runs in 3.0 innings
- Kelly Hysong moved into a tie for ninth place on the Vikings single-season home run list
Hartley hit her first homer of the season, while Hysong hit her team-leading 12th homer. Mackenzie Tucker also had a RBI for Cleveland State with a run-scoring double in the sixth inning.
Hysong and Hanna Griffin split pitching duties for the Vikings with each going 3.0 innings. Griffin allowed three hits and no earned runs in her time in the circle.
Bowling Green State took an early lead with single runs in both the first and second innings before the Vikings mounted a comeback.
The comeback would come as a result of one swing as the bat as Hysong belted a home run to straight away centerfield to trim the Falcons lead to 2-1.
Bowling Green State answered with three runs in the bottom of the third inning to expand the lead to 5-1.
Cleveland State tacked on a run in the top of the sixth inning. Lindsay Ward drew a one-out walk and Tucker lined a double to centerfield that plated Ward and cut the lead to 5-2.
The Falcons answered with three runs in the bottom of the sixth inning on a home run to push the margin to 8-2.
Cleveland State got one back in the seventh inning when Hartley homered to left to make the final score 8-3.
The Vikings will conclude the regular season with a three-game series at Northern Kentucky. The series will begin on Friday (May 3) and conclude with a doubleheader on Saturday (May 4).