- Cleveland State celebrated Senior Day by honoring Briana Niedermeier, Bianca Sarti, Elaina Walnoha, Toni Dickson, Kailah Ransom and Sydney Hamker
- This marked the Vikings final non-conference match of the season
- Keeper Annie Jackson made five saves in the second period
- Cleveland State mustered three shots on the day
- Cleveland State will open Horizon League play on Sept. 20 at Green Bay
CLEVELAND -- Cleveland State had its Senior Day spoiled by visiting Canisius on Sunday as the Golden Griffins used a pair of second-half goals to defeat the Vikings 2-0 on Krenzler Field.
Canisius, which improved to 4-2 on the season, got a pair of second-half goals to pull away from the Vikings. Margretta Dry got the Golden Griffins on the board in the 60th minute with an unassisted goal and then she assisted on a goal by Shauna Lee to up the Golden Griffins lead to 2-0 in the 70th minute.
Cleveland State, which dropped to 2-4-2 on the season, had three shots in the opening period but were unable to generate a shot in the final 45 minutes.
Cleveland State returns to action on Sept. 20 when it opens Horizon League play at Green Bay.