THE OPENING KICK:
• The Cleveland State women's soccer team concludes its three-match homestand when the Vikings host UIC on Saturday (Oct. 8) at 7:00 pm at Krenzler Field.
• It will be the second to last home match of the year for CSU.
• The Vikings are 4-8 overall and 1-3 in the Horizon League after dropping a pair of matches last week.
• UIC is 4-7-2 overall and 2-2 in the Horizon League. The Flames had their three-match win streak snapped with a 1-0 loss at Oakland last Saturday.
• The Vikings are 1-1 all-time against UIC, earning a win at Krenzler Field in 2014 and falling in Chicago last season.
RECAPPING LAST WEEK:
• The Vikings dropped a pair of home matches, falling 2-0 to Wright State on Wednesday (Sept. 28) and losing 1-0 to Northern Kentucky on Saturday (Oct. 1).
• Jamie Daniels combined to make 21 saves in the two matches, including a career-high 13 saves in the setback to NKU.
• Senior Kaila Sargema is tops on the team with four goals and eight points.
• She led the team with six goals and 14 points last year and is attempting to become just the second player in school history to lead the team in goals and points in consecutive seasons (Vickie Havas; 2012-13).
• Sargema is second in CSU history with 16 career goals, four shy of tying Natalie Daniels (2008-11) for second place on the CSU all-time list.
• Sargema is also third in school history with 36 points.
• Junior Jamie Daniels is second in the Horizon League in both saves (66) and shutouts (3). Her 66 saves also rank 35th in the country.
• Daniels has made at least six saves in six matches this year.
• Daniels made a career-high 13 saves in the loss to Northern Kentucky on Saturday (Oct. 1). It was the most saves in a game by a CSU goalkeeper since Allie Zajaros made 15 saves against Detroit on Oct. 8, 2004.
• Daniels, Sargema and Toni Dickson are the lone players to start all 12 matches this year.
• A total of 10 different players have appeared in every match this year (Katie Bainbridge, Maren Melnick, Stacie Morris, Briana Niedermeier, Marissa Sarsfield, Ashley Thiss, McKenna Vento).
• CSU returns to action next Saturday (Oct. 15) when the Vikings travel to Detroit for a 1:00 pm match.
• The Vikings host Green Bay on Oct. 22 at 1:00 pm in the final home match of the regular season. It will be Senior Day with CSU's six seniors - Megan Barrick, Sarah Kaiser, Jane Piontowski, Kaila Sargema, Marissa Sarsfield and Haleigh Shingary being honored in a pre-match ceremony.