ABOUT THIS WEEK:
• The Cleveland State women's soccer team closes the regular season with an 8:00 pm EST match at Valparaiso on Friday night.
• CSU is 8-8-1 overall and 4-4 in the Horizon League after dropping a pair of matches last week. The Vikings fell 2-0 at Wright State last Wednesday and fell 1-0 at home to Oakland on Saturday night.
• Entering the final match of the regular season, the Vikings are in fifth place in the League with 12 points, one behind fourth place Wright State and two points ahead of Detroit and Valparaiso.
• The top six teams in the standings qualify for next week's league tournament. There are scenarios in which CSU can finish as the No. 4 seed or the No. 6 seed in the tournament.
• CSU will clinch the No. 4 seed and a first round home match with a win at Valparaiso and a Wright State loss or tie to Detroit on Friday afternoon.
• The Vikings will clinch the No. 4 or No. 6 seed with a tie at Valparaiso and a Detroit win over Wright State.
• If Northern Kentucky finishes ahead of Oakland in the final standings, CSU will be the No. 4 seed based on its victory at NKU. If Oakland finishes ahead of NKU, the Vikings will be the No. 6 seed, based on Detroit's draw with Oakland, while Wright State would be the No. 5 seed based on its win over CSU.
• The Vikings have scored 24 goals and dished out 20 assists this year, with both total closing in on single season school records. Last year's team holds the school record with 28 goals scored and 22 assists.
• CSU's eight wins this year are tied for the third most in school history, topped by the 2011 team that won 10 games and the 2010 team that won nine.
• CSU's four League wins are the second most in program history with the five Horizon League wins in 2010 the current single-season record.
• Five of the eight CSU wins this year have come via shutouts and the Vikings have outscored the opposition, 19-3, in their eight wins this year.
• A tie or win against Valpo would send the Vikings into a first round Horizon League tournament match on Monday (Nov. 2).
• The semifinals and finals will be played at No. 1 seed Milwaukee on Thursday and Saturday.
• The official bracket will be released at the conlcusion of all league matches on Friday.