ABOUT THIS WEEK:
• Cleveland State plays two matches this week, beginning with a 7:00 pm match at Wright State on Wednesday (Oct. 21) before returning home for the regular season home finale vs. Oakland at 7:00 pm on Saturday (Oct. 24).
• Saturday's game will be Senior Night with CSU's seven seniors - Chloe Fadenholz, Vickie Havas, Jen Jankowski, Erin O'Toole, Samantha Sarmento, Allie Sieradzki and Sarah Wood - being honored in a pre-match ceremony.
• The Vikings are 8-6-1 overall and in third place in the Horizon League with a 4-2 record and 12 points after splitting two matches last week.
• CSU dropped a 2-0 match at UIC last Wednesday and earned a 2-1 double overtime win on Saturday at Northern Kentucky who came into that contest with a perfect 5-0 league record.
• Kaila Sargema scored both goals in the win at NKU, netting the equalizer with 5:29 to play in regulation and scoring the game-winner with just 21 seconds left in double overtime.
• Dani Sowinski tallied the assist on Sargema's first goal, while Ashley Thiss recorded the assist on the game-winning goal.
• Sargema was named the Horizon League Offensive Player of the Week for her performance at NKU.
• Sargema's two goals increased her career total to 10 goals, tied for sixth most in school history. Her six goals this year are tied for third in the league and tied for fifth most in a season in school history.
• Jamie Daniels has been strong in goal all year for the Vikings since taking over just eight minutes into the first match when Sarah Wood went down with an injury. Daniels has posted five shutouts, while making 69 saves with a 1.27 goals against average this year.
• The Vikings have scored 24 goals and dished out 20 assists this year, with both total closing in on single season school records. Last year's team holds the school record with 28 goals scored and 22 assists.
• CSU's eight wins this year are tied for the third most in school history, topped by the 2011 team that won 10 games and the 2010 team that won nine.
• CSU's four League wins are the second most in program history with the five Horizon League wins in 2010 the current single-season record.
• CSU closes the regular season with an 8:00 pm EST match at Valparaiso on Saturday (Oct. 30).