vs. Detroit | Saturday, Sept. 26 | 7:00 p.m.
ABOUT THIS WEEK:
• Cleveland State opens Horizon League play when the Vikings host Detroit on Saturday (Sept. 26) at 7:00 p.m. at Krenzler Field.
• The Vikings are 4-4-1 this year and have not played since a 2-0 setback at Kent State on Sept. 13.
• CSU's original League opener at UIC on Friday (Sept. 18) was postponed due to heavy rain and unplayable field conditions in Chicago.
• The game at UIC will be made-up on Wednesday (Oct. 14) at 8:00 pm EST at Flames Field.
• Vickie Havas enters the week with 19 career goals, tied with Natalie Daniels (2008-11) for the CSU career record.
• Havas is also second in CSU history with 49 points, eight shy of equaling Daniels' career mark.
• Havas is tied for seventh in the League with three goals, all of which have been game-winners. Her three game-winning goals are tops in the League.
• McKenna Vento is tied for the Horizon League lead with four assists, which is also tied for the sixth most in a season in school history.
• Allie Sieradzki is tied for third in the Horizon League with nine points and tied for second with four goals.
• Sieradzki is tied for seventh in CSU history with nine career goals and ranks ninth in school history with 21 points.
• Three of CSU's four wins this year have come via shutout. The Vikings have outscored the opposition, 13-1, in their four wins this year.
• Kaila Sargema and Chloe Fadenholz both scored two goals in the Aug. 23 win over Chicago State, becoming the first set of CSU teammates to score multiple goals in the same game.
• The Vikings have had 19 different players start at least one match this year, including Sydney McCourt, Erin O'Toole and Marissa Sarsfield who are the only players to start all nine matches.
• CSU scored a school record seven goals in a 7-0 win over Chicago State (Aug. 23). It broke the old mark of six goals set two times.
• The Vikings return to action for two matches next week, hosting Youngstown State at 7:00 pm on Wednesday (Sept. 30) and playing at Green Bay on Saturday (Oct. 3) at 2:00 pm EST.