- Cleveland State finished second in the team scoring with a 36-hole score of 619
- Madison Butler was the Vikings top finisher in the tournament as she placed fifth after shooting 73-77
- Ashley Knight also earned a top-10 finish as she posted rounds of 75-77
- All five of the Vikings scorers finished in the top 20
BOARDMAN, Ohio -- Led by junior Madison Butler, Cleveland State finished second at the Roseann Schwartz Invitational in the Vikings season-opening event that concluded on Tuesday at the Mill Creek Course.
Butler finished fifth overall in the field after shooting a closing-round 77. She opened with a 73 and posted a 36-hole score of 150 to place fifth. Puthita Khuanrudes and Victoria Grans of Youngstown State shared medalist honors with a two-round total of 144.
Youngstown State captured the team title with a score of 583, while the Vikings finished second with a team score of 619. Cleveland State was followed by Niagara (623), St. Francis (Pa.) (636), Capital (720) and Mount St. Mary's (766).
Ashley Knight also earned a top-10 finish for the Vikings as she shot rounds of 75-77 to finish tied for seventh.
Meg Rossouw closed with an 82 over her final 18 holes and tied for 19th place in the standings to round out the Cleveland State scoring contingent.
1. Youngstown State 287-296 - 583; 2. Cleveland State 304-315 - 619; 3. Niagara 312-311 - 623; 4. St. Francis (Pa.) 330-306 - 636; 5. Capital 358-362 - 720; 6. Mount St. Mary's 376-390 - 766
CLEVELAND STATE INDIVIDUAL RESULTS
5. Madison Butler 73-77 - 150
7t. Ashley Knight 75-77 - 152
14t. Grace Zimmerman 77-83 - 160
14t. Averi Hanna 81-79 - 160
14t. Lexi Knight 82-78 - 160
19t. Meg Rossouw 79-82 - 161
22. Rayna Oosterhuis 82-81 - 163