- Madison Butler shot a three-round score of 236 and finished tied for 18th overall
- Madison Butler tied for seventh in the tournament with six birdies, including three in the final round
- Cleveland State finished seventh in the team competition with a score of 973
- Grace Zimmerman and Rayna Oosterhuis tied for 30th overall with a total of 246
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas -- Madison Butler shot a final-round 77 and finished tied for 18th leading Cleveland State at the Islander Classic on Tuesday at the Corpus Christi Country Club in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Butler, who had six birdies during the tournament, finished tied for 18th in the medalist standings with a three-round score of 236. She posted rounds of 83-76-77 over the par-72, 6045-yard course at the Corpus Christi Country Club.
The Vikings finished seventh in the team standings with a two-day total of 973. Cleveland State carded rounds of 321-324-328, while Houston Baptist won the team title with a score of 892.
Autumn Bynum of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi captured medalist honors with a 54-hole score of 217.
Meg Rossouw shot 86-85-86 and finished tied for 47th overall with a score of 257.
Cleveland State will return to action on March 17-19 at the Morhead State Citrus Challenge in Sorrento, Fla.
1. Houston Baptist 892; 2. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 915; 3. Southern Illinois 923; 4. Stephen F. Austin 930; 5. Texas Rio Grande Valley 943; 6. Incarnate Word 947; 7. Cleveland State 973; 8t. North Dakota 994; 8t. Texas A&M-Kingsville 994; 10. McLennan CC 1026; 11. Prairie View A&M 1063
CLEVELAND STATE INDIVIDUAL SCORING
18t. Madison Butler 83-76-77 -- 236
30t. Grace Zimmerman 82-80-84 -- 246
30t. Rayna Oosterhuis 78-83-85 -- 246
47t. Meg Rossouw 86-85-86 -- 257
DNF Ashley Knight 78-D-82