INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Cleveland State women's basketball team saw its current winstreak come to an end Sunday afternoon, as the Vikings dropped a 64-38 contest at IUPUI. With the loss, the Vikings now stand at 10-14 overall this year and 7-6 against Horizon League opponents.
· Crockett, Bautista, Slaney, Braxton, Miller
· Mariah Miller led the Viking offense with 12 points at IUPUI.
· Shyla Latone added a career-high eight points against the Jaguars, along with four rebounds and two steals.
· Savanna Crockett grabbed a team-high seven boards on the game.
· As a team, the Vikings recorded nine steals on the game, marking just the third time this season that Cleveland State hasn't posted double-digit steals in #HLWBB play.
After heading into the halftime break trailing 35-17, the Vikings made a strong push through the opening minutes of the third quarter to get back into the contest, as they posted a 6-3 run to start the frame. During this span the Vikings got four points from Mariah Miller and two from Savanna Crockett, but IUPUI responded with back-to-back baskets to stop the Cleveland State run and regain a 42-23 advantage.
The Vikings were once again able to cut into the IUPUI lead late in the third quarter following a Rachel Slaney three-pointer and a Shyla Latone and-one, but the Jaguars closed out the third period with a 19-point lead at 50-31.
Over the opening minutes of the fourth period, IUPUI went on an 11-1 run gaining their largest lead at 61-32, and held the Vikings to just five points during the final 10 minutes of action to come away with the 64-36 victory.
Cleveland State will return home for two games next week, beginning with a 7:00 p.m. contest against Milwaukee on Friday, February 15.