CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland State women's basketball team dropped its first Horizon League contest of the season Thursday evening, with the Vikings falling to IUPUI, 75-50. With the loss, the Vikings fall to 5-9 overall this season and 2-1 in #HLWBB play.
· Crockett, Slaney, Ely, White, Miller
· Mariah Miller grabbed a team-high eight rebounds against the Jaguars.
· Mariah White led the Vikings with six assists on the night.
· The Viking defense forced IUPUI into 15 turnovers on the night, turning the miscues into 11 points.
· Off the bench, Anyia Pride finished with five points and two rebounds.
· Thursday's loss marked the first during #HLWBB play for the Vikings this season.
· With her 13 points against IUPUI, Mariah Miller has now recorded double-digit points in all but one game that she has played in this season.
After getting off to a slow start during the opening quarter, Cleveland State was able to work its way back into the game during the second quarter, as the Vikings rattled off a 9-4 run during the final part of the frame to pull within 37-22 with just over two minutes left in the half.
The two teams headed into the halftime break with the score at 42-26 IUPUI, but a strong start to the third quarter from the Jaguars gave them a 20-point advantage midway through the frame.
IUPUI was then able to hold a sizeable advantage throughout the remainder of the contest, coming away with the 75-50 win, and dealing Cleveland State its first Horizon League loss of the season.
Cleveland State will continue its homestand against UIC on Saturday, January 5, hosting the Flames at 1:00 p.m.