CLEVELAND, Ohio – Following a week off from competition, the Cleveland State women's basketball team returned to the court Saturday afternoon, dropping a 72-54 contest at Ohio. With the loss, the Vikings fall to 3-5 on the season.
· Crockett, Slaney, Ely, White, Miller
· As a team, the Vikings finished with five blocked shots, including three from Savanna Crockett.
· Saturday's game marked the third of a three-game roadswing for the Vikings.
· After posting 15 points against Ohio, Mariah Miller has now recorded double-digit points in seven of eight games this year.
· Savanna Crockett tied her season-high with three blocked shots on the day, and now has a team-best 13 blocks on the year.
· With four steals against Ohio, Rachel Slaney tied her career-high.
· Isabelle Gradwell tied her season-high with nine points at Ohio, converting three shots from behind-the-arc.
After a back-and-forth first half that saw Cleveland State take a 31-30 advantage into the halftime break, the Bobcats were able to post back-to-back three-pointers to open the third quarter, and extended this into a 9-0 run that gave Ohio a 39-31 advantage at the 7:52 mark.
A Mariah White layup on the next possession stopped the Ohio run, but the Bobcats were able to hold a sizeable lead until the final minutes of the frame, when Cleveland State closed the quarter with a 5-0 run of its own, including an Isabelle Gradwell three-pointer, to put the score at 45-41 Ohio entering the final 10 minutes of play.
The Bobcats carried their momentum into the fourth quarter then, as they outscored the Vikings 13-3 over the first four minutes of the frame and held a double-digit lead for the remainder of the contest, earning the 72-54 victory.
The Vikings will return home for a single game on Wednesday, December 5, hosting Toledo at 5:00 p.m. This will be the first game of a Cleveland State basketball doubleheader, as the men's team will host Bowling Green at 7:30 p.m.