ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The Cleveland State men's tennis team played their final non-league contest during regular season play Sunday, dropping a 6-1 contest at No. 11 Michigan.
From The Sidelines
"We faced a very good team in Michigan today, and we had some great battles in singles and doubles. Gabe was on a mission to avenge his loss from yesterday, and it was great that we was able to put a point on the board for us against a team like this. We put up a good fight today, but we are happy to return to Horizon League play next weekend and continue our mission in league play." – Head coach Brian Etzkin
· 2018 Record: 11-9
· Michigan entered Sunday's match ranked No. 11, marking the second top-15 opponent for the Vikings this season (No. 2 Ohio State).
· This marked the third meeting between the two teams, with Michigan now owning a 3-0 record in the overall record.
· Gabriel Evtimov picked up a 7-6, 0-6, 1-0(6) victory at No. 4 singles, earning his seventh win this spring. Evtimov's win at the No. 4 spot marked Cleveland State's first individual singles win against a nationally ranked team this season.
· Cleveland State will return to Horizon League play next weekend, traveling to Detroit Mercy on Saturday, April 7.
1. Knight/Hua (MICH) def. Malm/Phillips (CSU), 6-0
2. Johnston/Schalet (MICH) vs. Terry/Santilli (CSU), 4-3, unf.
3. Siimar/Beaty (MICH) def. Slade/Evtimov (CSU), 6-2
1. Mattias Siimar (MICH) def. Matthew Terry (CSU), 7-6 (5), 6-4
2. Carter Lin (MICH) def. Luke Phillips (CSU), 6-3, 6-3
3. Davis Crocker (MICH) def. Benjamin Slade (CSU), 6-4, 6-3
4. Gabriel Evtimov (CSU) def. Kristofer Siimar (MICH), 7-6 (5), 0-6, 1-0(6)
5. Nick Beaty (MICH) def. Jack Santilli (CSU), 6-3, 6-1
6. Connor Johntson (MICH) def. William Malm (CSU), 6-2, 6-0