MIAMI, Fla. – The Cleveland State men's tennis team kicked off its three-match Florida roadswing Sunday afternoon, dropping a 7-0 contest at the University of Miami.
From The Sidelines
"This was a tough match for our first match outdoors, and when you are playing a team that is as good as Miami it comes down to all of the little things – which Miami was able to do better throughout the match. We had some great crowd support from the Radosevic family, and I think that definitely helped give the team some energy during the entire match. In doubles, I thought our new combinations played really well in their first matches together, and although we didn't get the point, we definitely have some great potential with those teams. We will now go back to the practice courts for a day before continuing our Florida roadswing on Tuesday." – head coach Brian Etzkin
· 2018 Record: 9-6
· This marked the first time that the Vikings were playing outdoors this spring.
· After missing the last six matches due to injury, Nico Mostardi returned to the lineup for the Vikings at Miami, facing a top-100 opponent at the top of the singles lineup.
· Sunday's match was the first of a three-match roadswing in the state of Florida for the Vikings on their annual Spring Break Trip.
· This was the first meeting between the two teams in program history.
· Cleveland State will return to the courts on Tuesday, March 13, taking on Barry, the second-ranked team in Division II, at 3:00 p.m.
1. Clark/Langmo (UM) def. Mostardi/Slade (CSU), 6-4
2. Malm/Phillips (CSU) vs. Aycart/Soriano (UM), 5-3, unf.
3. Jankulovski/Dunlap (UM) def. Radosevic/Terry (CSU), 6-3
1. Christian Langmo (UM) def. Nico Mostardi (CSU), 7-5, 6-3
2. Adria Soriano (UM) def. Matthew Terry (CSU), 6-3, 6-2
3. Bojan Jankulovski (UM) def. Luke Phillips (CSU), 6-4, 6-1
4. Dane Dunlap (UM) def. Benjamin Slade (CSU), 6-3, 6-0
5. Niclas Genovese (UM) def. Gabriel Evtimov (CSU), 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (5)
6. Pablo Aycart (UM) def. Mirko Radosevic (CSU), 6-3, 6-2