ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. – The Cleveland State men's tennis team picked up its third straight 7-0 victory Saturday, earning the clean sweep at St. Bonaventure to improve to 8-4 on the season.
· 2018 Record: 8-4
· Cleveland State picked up its third straight win with Saturday's 7-0 victory.
· Benjamin Slade became the 13th Viking all-time to record 50 career singles wins with his victory at No. 3 singles against the Bonnies.
· The Vikings improved to 12-3 all-time against St. Bonaventure.
· Saturday's victory marked the first road win for the Vikings this season.
· For the eighth time this season the Vikings were able to get off to the early 1-0 advantage, picking up the doubles point with wins at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles. Luke Phillips and William Malm earned a 6-4 win at the No. 2 spot, while Matthew Terry and Jack Santilli posted a 6-3 win at the No. 3 spot.
· Benjamin Slade posted Cleveland State's first singles win on the day, earning a 6-2, 6-1 victory at No. 3 singles, notching his fourth straight singles win and improving to 3-0 when playing at the No. 3 spot.
· The next singles win came from Luke Phillips at No. 2 singles, as he notched his sixth straight win with a 6-1, 6-2 decision. For the season, Phillips is now 18-7 overall, and is tied for the team lead with eight singles wins this spring.
· The clinching point came from Mirko Radosevic at No. 4 singles, as he posted a 7-5, 6-2 victory to mark his fourth win of the spring season.
· Matthew Terry added to Cleveland State's singles wins at the top of the lineup then, battling for a 6-4, 4-6, 6-2 victory to improve to 18-7 overall this season.
· Jack Santilli picked up Cleveland State's next singles win at the No. 6 spot, earning a 6-2, 7-5 victory to remain perfect this spring at 3-0.
· The final singles win came from William Malm at No. 5 singles, as he notched a 6-7 (5), 7-6 (5), 1-0 (5) victory, as he improved to 6-1 this spring with his third straight singles win.
· Cleveland State will try for a perfect 2-0 weekend tomorrow (Sunday, February 25), traveling to Buffalo for a 1:00 p.m. contest.
1. Blanco/Malmberg (SBU) def. Slade/Radosevic (CSU), 7-5
2. Phillips/Malm (CSU) def. Martinez/Harxhi (SBU), 6-4
3. Terry/Santilli (CSU) def. Garcia/Blakeley (SBU), 6-3
1. Matthew Terry (CSU) def. Victor Blanco (SBU), 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
2. Luke Phillips (CSU) def. Hector Martinez (SBU), 6-1, 6-2
3. Benjamin Slade (CSU) def. L. Linden Malmberg (SBU), 6-2, 6-1
4. Mirko Radosevic (CSU) def. John Rutkowski (SBU), 7-5, 6-2
5. William Malm (CSU) def. Darrel Harxhi (SBU), 6-7(5), 7-6(5), 1-0(5)
6. Jack Santilli (CSU) def. Guillermo Garcia (SBU), 6-2, 7-5