YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Cleveland State men's tennis senior Andre Mick picked up his second straight singles victory Saturday afternoon, as the Vikings fell to Northeast Ohio rival Youngstown State, 6-1.
Mick's victory came at the No. 6 spot against the Penguins after his opponent retired with the match split one set each. After dropping his first set 5-7, Mick responded with a 7-6 (2) victory in the second set, and then picked up Cleveland State's lone point of the match after his opponent retired.
Mick was also part of Cleveland State's lone doubles win on the day, as he teamed with freshman Nico Mostardi for a 6-2 victory at No. 3 doubles.
Cleveland State will close out the regular season next weekend, traveling to DePaul (Saturday, April 22) and Green Bay (Sunday, April 23).
Youngstown State 6, Cleveland State 1
1. Maroscher/Rodrigues (YSU) def. Slade/Radosevic (CSU), 7-5
2. Veremeichuk/Garretto (YSU) def. Goth/Buffington (CSU), 6-2
3. Mostardi/Mick (CSU) def. Dahan/Purser (YSU), 6-2
1. Mitch Maroscher (YSU) def. Nico Mostardi (CSU), 6-4, 6-3
2. Danylo Veremeichuk (YSU) def. Colton Buffington (CSU), 6-2, 7-6 (5)
3. Thomas Rodrigues (YSU) def. Benjamin Slade (CSU), 6-4, 6-1
4. Joao Garretto (YSU) def. Mirko Radosevic (CSU), 6-3, 6-0
5. Luke Purser (YSU) def. Kevin Goth (CSU), 3-6, 7-6 (3), 1-0 (9)
6. Andre Mick (CSU) def. Yossi Dahan (YSU), 5-7, 7-6 (2), ret.