- Jules Blakely opened with an even-par 70 and is tied for fourth place
- Anton Krecic finished with a 73 and is tied for 20th place overall
- Zach Robbins carded a 77 over his opening 18 holes
- Cleveland State is currently 11th in the team standings
- The tournament has been altered to 36 holes after rain cancelled the second round
SPRINGBORO, Ohio -- Sophomore Jules Blakely carded an opening-round 70 and is tied for fourth place after the opening round of the Wright State Invitational on Sunday at the Heatherwoode Golf Club.
The second round, which was scheduled for this afternoon, was cancelled due to rain and the tournament will be played over 36 holes instead of the originally scheduled 54-hole format.
Blakely shot an even-par 35 on both the front and back nines of the par-70, 6,780-yard layout at Heatherwoode. He recorded one birdie on the front and two birdies on the back to finish tied for fourth overall with his 70.
Senior Anton Krecic opened with a three-over par 73 over his opening 18 holes and is tied for 20th place overall.
Cleveland State is currently 11th place in the team standings after shooting a combined team score of 380. Wittenberg leads the team scoring with a total of 362, while Wright State and Green Bay are tied for second place with a score of 365.
Zach Robbins, who shot a 65 last week at the Wildcats Spring Invitational, opened with a 77 and is tied for 50th place in the standings.
The tournament will conclude on Monday (April 15) at the Heatherwoode Golf Club.
1. Wittenberg 362; 2t. Wright State 365; 2t. Green Bay 365; 4. IUPUI 366; 5t. Robert Morris 369; 5t. Indianapolis 369; 7. Fort Wayne 371; 8. Valparaiso 374; 9. Northern Kentucky 377; 10. Ohio 379; 11. Cleveland State 380; 12. Butler 381.
CLEVELAND STATE INDIVIDUALS
4t. Jules Blakely 70
20t. Anton Krecic 73
50t. Zach Robbins 77
67t. Miles DeMuesy 80
67t. Zak Supelak 80
71t. Jack Hanus 81