- Jules Blakely led the Vikings with a 75 over his opening 18 holes
- Anton Krecic opened with a 77 in the first round
- Zach Robbins posted a 78 over the first 18 holes of the tournament
- Anton Krecic is even par through 15 holes in the second round
- Jack Hanus is two-over par through 15 holes of the second round
- Zak Supelak, competing as an individual, shot a 75 in the first round and is two-over par in his second round
DAY ONE RECAP
TAMPA -- Senior Anton Krecic shot a first-round 77 and is even par through 15 holes in the second round on day one of the South Florida Invitational on Monday at Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club. With all of the teams still on the course the second round was halted due to darkness.
After shooting a 77 in the first round, Krecic bounced back and is even par through 15 holes in the second round. He is currently tied for 36th in the medalist standings. His second round has included birdies on the 9th and 11th holes.
Jules Blakely posted the Vikings top score over the first 18 holes as he carded a 75, which included three consecutive birdies on the 8th, 9th and 10th holes. He is four-over par through 15 holes over his second 18 holes and is seven over par overall and is currently tied for 47th place.
Jack Hanus opened with an 85, but is two-over par on his second 18 holes of play and is currently 76th overall.
Zach Robbins and Miles DeMuesy rounded out the Cleveland State group. Robbins had a 78 in the first round and is tied for 77th overall, while DeMuesy shot an 82 and is seven-over par in round two and is tied for 81st overall.
Competing as an individual, Zak Supelak put together a solid day one. He fired a 75 to open the tournament and is two-over par through 15 holes on his second round.
Cleveland State was 15th in the team standings after the first round with a team total of 312.
The tournament will conclude on Tuesday (March 12) with teams finishing the second round and then playing 18 holes to wrap up play.