BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - Senior Blake Prince is tied for first place after the first two rounds of the EKU Intercollegiate and junior Anton Krecic is in fifth place, while Cleveland State is tied for ninth place in the 16 team field.
The event is being played at the par-70, 6,623 yard University Club at Arlington.
- Prince shot rounds of 67-69 and is at four-under-par 136 after two rounds. He is tied with Ball State's Johnny Watts who carded rounds of 65-71 today. The duo will take a one shot lead over a pair of golfers into the final round.
- Krecic followed an opening round even-par 70 with a two-under par 68 and is alone in fifth place at 138, just two shots behind the leaders.
- Prince, who started on the fourth hole today, used four straight birdies in the opening round (hole 17 through hole 2) and another birdie on the fourth hole to card his first round 67. He had two birdies and a bogey in the second round.
- His seven birdies today were tied for third most in the field.
- Krecic, who started on the fifth hole today, was two-over-par after 16 holes in the first round, but birdied his final two holes of the round to shoot an ever-par 70. He used four birdies in the second round, including three straight starting on the 10th hole, en route to a 68.
- Krecic played the par-four's in three-under-par today, second best in the field.
- Joey Krecic shot rounds of 76-72 (148) and it tied for 59th place, while Nick Infanti is one shot back at 149 (74-75) and is tied for 67th place. Zak Supelak shot 76-75 (151) and is tied for 76th.
- The Vikings carded rounds of 287 and 284 today.
- CSU made 123 pars today, second most in the field.
- The leaderboard is extremely tight with just nine shots separating the top 11 teams.
- Host Eastern Kentucky leads after 36 holes with a 562 total, four shots ahead of Ball State. Morehead State and Marshall are tied for third at 567, while William and Mary and Dayton are tied for fifth at 568. SIU-Edwardsville and Tennessee Tech are tied for seventh place at 570, one shot ahead of the trio of CSU, Longwood and Florida Gulf Coast who are at 571.
- Samford is in 12th place at 572, while Austin Peay (578), Murray State (582), Evansville (588) and Northern Kentucky (597) round out the field.
- The Vikings conclude play in the event with the final round on Sunday with an 8:30 am shotgun start.
- CSU will begin play on holes seven through 10 and will be paired with SIU-Edwardsville and Tennessee Tech.
|T1||Blake Prince (1)||67||69||136|
|5||Anton Krecic (2)||70||68||138|
|T59||Joey Krecic (5)||76||72||148|
|T67||Nick Infanti (3)||74||75||149|
|T76||Zak Supelak (4)||76||75||151|