A look at what's happening in Cleveland State Athletics...
- The Vikings (5-14, 0-6) will return home for the first time in over two weeks this weekend, hosting Northern Kentucky on Thursday, January 17 and Wright State on Saturday, January 19.
- Last week, Cleveland State dropped a pair of #HLMBB contests at IUPUI (90-74) and UIC (73-56).
- Entering the fourth week of league play, Tyree Appleby leads the team and ranks fifth among league players averaging 17.8 points per game, while Jaalam Hill leads the Vikings and ranks seventh with 6.3 rebounds per game.
- Dennis Felton Radio Show: The weekly call-in show about Cleveland State basketball will take place on Monday, January 14 at The Edge from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Al Pawlowski will serve as the host, with head coach Dennis Felton talking about all things Viking Basketball. The show can be heard on WHK, AM-1420.
- Cleveland State (6-11, 3-3) will return home for a pair of Horizon League games this week, hosting Northern Kentucky on Friday, January 18 and Wright State on Sunday, January 20.
- Friday's contest against NKU will serve as the annual Kids Day Game, with over 2,000 local kids expected to attend the 11:00 a.m. game.
- Entering the week, Mariah Miller ranks second among Horizon League players averaging 15.8 points per game, while Savanna Crockett leads the league with 9.8 rebounds per game.
- Cleveland State continues action this week at the Army Duals and Vassar's January Invitational.
- The Vikings resumed action this past weekend at the Detroit Mercy's Invitational.
- The CSU men went 3-2 with a win over the host Titans while the women posted a 1-4 mark.
Men's Swimming & Diving
- Cleveland State will take this week off from competition before resuming action on the final weekend of January.
- The Vikings split two matchups with both IUPUI and UIC in a pair of tri-duals this past weekend.
- Sophomore Dominik Niedzialek won the 100 backstroke and 1650 freestyle over the weekend while Matt Akers won two diving events.
Women's Swimming & Diving
- Cleveland State contests its final road dual this Saturday, January 19, at Marshall.
- The Vikings dropped two matchups to both IUPUI and UIC in a pair of tri-duals this past weekend.
- Senior Molly McNamara won all four individual events she contested and swam on a winning relay over the course of the weekend.
- Cleveland State will split time on the road and at home this week, traveling to Edinboro Friday before hosting nationally ranked Lock Haven Sunday.
- The Vikings dropped a trio of duals this past week, falling to Columbia (12-34), George Mason (19-26) and Rider (5-33).
- Ben Smith and Armando Torres both collected bonus-point wins against the Lions and Patriots.
Indoor Track & Field
- The Vikings will continue their indoor slate this weekend, participating in the YSU Collegiate Invitational on Friday, January 18.
- Last time out, Cleveland State posted three program records at the Marshall Women's Classic in the 60 Meter Hurdles (Monica Johnson), 200 Meter Dash (Tylar Mixon) and 800 Meter Run (Anna Brandt).
- Cleveland State will open its spring schedule this weekend, traveling to No. 2 Ohio State for a 10:00 a.m. match on Sunday, January 20.
- The Vikings return six letterwinners from last year's Horizon League Championship squad, including the senior duo of Benjamin Slade and William Malm.
- Entering the spring season, junior Nico Mostardi is ranked No. 113 in the Oracle/ITA Division I Singles rankings, after becoming the first Viking in program history to earn a spot in the national ranking following a strong fall campaign.
2019 Hall of Fame
- Tickets are now on sale for the 41st annual Cleveland State Athletics Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony, which will take place on Saturday, February 16.
- The 2019 Hall of Fame class includes J'Nathan Bullock (Men's Basketball), Kailey Klein (Women's Basketball) and Phil Orno (Men's Tennis).
- For those interested in purchasing tickets to the Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony, please fill out the RSVP form that can be found Here.
Giving Day 2019
- Mark your calendars for Cleveland State University's annual Giving Day on Wednesday, February 13, when you will have a chance to donate to your favorite Viking team. More information on Giving Day coming soon!
Men's & Women's Golf Masters Raffle
- Help support the Cleveland State men's and women's golf teams by entering the team's Masters Raffle. Grand Prize wins two badges for two days at the 2019 Masters Tournament and a $1,000 American Express Gift Card. To enter Click Here.
This Week's Schedule
Thursday, January 17
Men's Basketball hosts Northern Kentucky – 7:00 p.m.
Friday, January 18
Women's Basketball hosts Northern Kentucky – 11:00 a.m.
Track & Field at YSU Collegiate Invitational – 12:00 p.m.
Wrestling at Edinboro – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 19
Women's Swim & Dive at Marshall – 10:00 a.m.
Men's Basketball hosts Wright State – 7:00 p.m.
Fencing at Army West Point Duals – All Day
Sunday, January 20
Men's Tennis at Ohio State – 10:00 a.m.
Fencing at Vassar Invitational – 10:00 a.m.
Women's Basketball hosts Wright State – 1:00 p.m.
Wrestling hosts Lock Haven – 1:00 p.m.
Viking Of The Week
Molly McNamara, Women's Swim & Dive
The senior won all four of her individual events last weekend, placing first in the 200 & 400 IM and 100 & 200 Butterfly in the tri-dual against IUPUI and UIC. McNamara was also part of the winning 400 Medley Relay team for the Vikings.
Other Top Performers
Tylar Mixon, Indoor Track & Field
Matt Akers, Men's Swim & Dive
Dominik Niedzialek, Men's Swim & Dive
Ben Smith, Wrestling