A look at what's happening in Cleveland State Athletics...
- Cleveland State (4-8) opens a three-game homestand this Wednesday, December 19, as it hosts Niagara in its non-conference finale as part of a doubleheader with the women's team.
- The Vikings dropped their lone contest last week, losing 88-77 in overtime at Illinois State.
- Freshman Rashad Williams had a season-high 25 points in the setback.
- Holiday Ticket Bundle: Fans can now purchase a Two-Ticket Bundle for any upcoming Horizon League game for just $16.00. The offer is valid through December 31, 2018. Complete Horizon League schedule and ticket info can be found at: Viking Basketball Holiday Ticket Bundle
- Cleveland State (3-7) will close out non-league play on Wednesday, December 19, hosting Bradley at 5:00 p.m.
- The Vikings will be closing out an 11-game non-league slate, and will be trying to improve to 4-1 when playing at the Wolstein Center this season.
- Entering the week, freshman Savanna Crockett ranks in the top-10 in the Horizon League in scoring and rebounding, leading the league with 9.6 rebounds per game and ranking eighth with 12.0 points per game.
- Cleveland State takes this week off before it opens the 2019 calendar year at the prestigious Southern Scuffle.
- Six Vikings placed this past weekend as the program hosted the 14th annual Cleveland State Open.
- Redshirt freshman Brady Barnett and redshirt sophomore Nico O'Dor both placed third at 149 pounds and 157 pounds, respectively.
This Week's Schedule
Wednesday, December 19
Women's Basketball hosts Bradley – 5:00 p.m.
Men's Basketball hosts Niagara – 7:30 p.m.
Viking Of The Week
Rashad Williams, Men's Basketball
The freshman recorded a season-high 25 points in Cleveland State's overtime setback at Illinois State, posting an 8-for-12 performance from the field. Seven of Williams' eight field goals came from behind-the-arc, as he recorded 21 of his 25 points on three-pointers. The 25-point effort marked the first 20-point game for Williams during his collegiate career.
Other Top Performers
Brady Barnett, Wrestling
Nico O'Dor, Wrestling