A look at what's happening in Cleveland State Athletics...
- Cleveland State (2-5) hits the road for a pair of games this week, traveling to DePaul Wednesday, November 28, and to Toledo Saturday, December 1.
- The Vikings dropped an 89-62 decision at nationally ranked Ohio State on Black Friday, before Purdue Fort Wayne hit a buzzer-beater to sneak past CSU, 82-79, on Sunday.
- Freshman Seth Millner had his first collegiate double-double in the contest against the Mastodons with season highs in points (22) and rebounds (10).
- The Vikings (3-4) will stay on the road for a single game this weekend, traveling to Ohio University for a 1:00 p.m. contest on Saturday, December 1.
- Last time out, the Vikings picked up a 67-63 victory over Illinois State, before traveling to the West Coast for the San Diego Thanksgiving Tournament, where Cleveland State dropped hard-fought contests against San Diego (83-82) and Tulane (81-72).
- Entering the week, juniors Jade Ely (16.9 ppg) and Mariah Miller (16.6 ppg) are leading the Viking offense, while freshman Savanna Crockett leads the team with 10.0 rebounds per game.
Indoor Track & Field
- Cleveland State will kick off its six-meet indoor schedule this weekend, participating in the BG Opener on Saturday, December 1.
- The Vikings will be under the direction of third-year head coach Madeleine Outman Carleton, and return 11 letterwinners from last year's indoor squad, including Anna Brandt, Julianne Dorothal and Hannah Gaskins who all earned podium finishes at the #HLTF Indoor Championships.
- Cleveland State returns to action this Sunday, December 2, at the Cougar Clash, hosted by SIUE.
- The Vikings had this past week off from competition.
- Senior John Vaughn placed sixth at the Navy Classic in the team's last action November 17.
This Week's Schedule
Wednesday, November 28
Men's Basketball at DePaul – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 1
Indoor Track & Field at BG Opener – All Day
Women's Basketball at Ohio – 1:00 p.m.
Men's Basketball at Toledo – 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 2
Wrestling at Cougar Clash – 10:00 a.m.
Viking Of The Week
Seth Millner, Men's Basketball
The freshman averaged 16.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.5 steals through two games last week, including his first collegiate double-double with 22 points and 10 rebounds against Purdue Fort Wayne. Millner also posted 10 points and three rebounds against nationally ranked Ohio State.
Other Top Performers
Tyree Appleby, Men's Basketball
Savanna Crockett, Women's Basketball
Jade Ely, Women's Basketball