A look at what's happening in Cleveland State Athletics...
- Cleveland State (4-7-2, 1-3-2 HL) will play its home finale this Saturday, October 27, as it hosts Oakland at 6:00 p.m.
- The Vikings dropped a pair of matches on the road this past week, falling to Loyola (Md.), 4-0, and to League foe Northern Kentucky, 2-1.
- The Vikings (10-5-1, 6-1-1) will close out the regular season this weekend, traveling to regular season champion Milwaukee for an 8:00 p.m. EST contest on Friday, October 26.
- Last time out, Cleveland State dropped a 1-0 contest at Detroit Mercy before picking up a 1-0 victory against Wright State in the regular season home finale.
- With the win against the Raiders, Cleveland State tied the program record for single-season wins, while it also solidified the program's best-ever finish in the #HLWSOC standings.
- For the season, the Vikings have now posted four shutouts against league opponents and six overall.
- Cleveland State (14-8, 8-2) will continue its current three-match homestand this weekend, hosting UIC on Friday, October 26 and Green Bay on Saturday, October 27.
- Last time out, the Vikings picked up a 3-0 sweep at Youngstown State and then earned a five-set victory against Oakland.
- Trinniti Hall led the Viking offense with 34 total kills on the weekend, including a career-best 24 kills against Oakland.
- The Vikings will return to action at the Horizon League Championship this weekend, with the women's 6K slated for an 11:00 a.m. EST start in Parkside, Wis.
- Anna Brandt enters the #HLXC Championship as the Cleveland State 5K and 6K record holder, and is the reigning Horizon League Freshman of the Year.
- Last season, Cleveland State finished fourth at the league meet, tying the highest finish in program history.
- Cleveland State concluded its fall season this past week by taking ninth place at the Dayton Flyer Invitational with a 54-hole team score of 888.
- Sophomore Jules Blakely was CSU's top finisher at the event, tying for 20th with a total of 220.
- Sophomore Zak Supelak led the team in scoring average in the fall at 73.7 strokes per round.
- Cleveland State closed its fall season this past week, taking 11th at the MAC Fall Preview with a 54-hole score of 941.
- Sophomore Ashley Knight was the top Viking at the event with a cumulative score of 235.
- Sophomore Madison Butler led the team in the fall with a 75.7 scoring average, better than one shot clear of the school record.
- The Vikings will take a break from competition this week, returning for the third annual Viking Invitational over the first weekend of November.
- Cleveland State competed at the ITA Midwest Regional last time out, led by sophomore Matthew Terry who advanced to the Main Draw Round of 16 for the second straight year.
- The Vikings had four representatives in the Main Singles Draw this year - Nico Mostardi, Matthew Terry, Luke Phillips and Benjamin Slade - the most in program history.
- Cleveland State will have the week off from competition, returning to the courts for the final fall tournament over the first weekend of November at the WMU Super Challenge.
- Last time out, the Vikings participated in the Martha Thorn Mountaineer Invitational, with Kateryna Avram posting a team-best 2-1 singles record.
Men's Swimming & Diving
- Cleveland State will open its dual season this weekend as it hosts Xavier Saturday, October 27.
- The Vikings were off from competition this past weekend.
Women's Swimming & Diving
- Cleveland State will remain at home this weekend as it hosts Xavier in dual action Saturday, October 27.
- The Vikings opened their dual season this past weekend by cruising past Youngstown State, 198.5-98.5.
- Freshman Riley Drummond won three individual events--the 100 and 200 backstroke and 200 IM--and also swam on a winning relay.
This Week's Schedule
Friday, October 26
Volleyball hosts UIC - 6:00 p.m.
Women's Soccer at Milwaukee - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 27
Cross Country at #HLXC Championship - 11:00 a.m.
Men's Swim & Dive hosts Xavier - 2:00 p.m.
Women's Swim & Dive hosts Xavier - 2:00 p.m.
Volleyball hosts Green Bay - 4:00 p.m.
Men's Soccer hosts Oakland - 6:00 p.m.
Viking of the Week
Trinniti Hall, Volleyball
The junior averaged 4.25 kills per set on a .544 hitting percentage in a pair of wins over Youngstown State and Oakland. She finished with 10 kills at YSU and followed that up with a career-high 24 kills against Oakland. For the season, she has a team-high 244 total kills on a team-best .286 hitting percentage.
Other top Performers
Sarah Krause, Women's Soccer
Dani Sowinski, Women's Soccer
Matthew Terry, Men's Tennis
Riley Drummond, Women's Swim & Dive